Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Triumph Pontoon Owner!

chipbeaulieu

New Triumph Pontoon Owner!

Hi folks... Just got a new-to-me 2004 Triumph Windsor pontoon tri-toon. I hope it's ok if I join your community even if most of the info on your site is not for pontoon owners. Looks like a good group of people on the site.

Blog Entries
    Chip,

The Triumph boat company that makes Roplene boats, which is what this site is dedicated to, does not in fact, make pontoon or tri-toon boats. Triumph's are Roto-molded plastic V hull type boats. Yours may just be the model name and not the Manufactures name. But boats is not all that is discussed here so, unless the site owner (NCAngler) has any reservations, feel free to join and participate in the group. Always like to talk to fellow boaters.
    Capt. Bill A.
    Vessel: Recycled Plastic

Blog Entries
    Bill, Actually Triumph did make pontoon boats for about 2-3 years (not sure of the length of time) under the Windsor Craft brand. They discontinued the line about 5 years ago I think and Merritt Marine bought the brand, the remaining stock and parts. It was a pretty cool pontoon with a smooth ride and very fast.

Chip we would welcome your participation as a Captains Club member.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NCangler For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    Bill, Actually Triumph did make pontoon boats for about 2-3 years (not sure of the length of time) under the Windsor Craft brand. They discontinued the line about 5 years ago I think and Merritt Marine bought the brand, the remaining stock and parts. It was a pretty cool pontoon with a smooth ride and very fast.
    Wow, I had no idea. I stand corrected.
    Well then Chip, looks like your papers are in order.
    Capt. Bill A.
    Vessel: Recycled Plastic

I had no idea either!!! Chip, please post some pics of your new pontoon boat so many of us can marvel at the wonders of the Plastic Pontoon!!!!

Ditto Chip! Would love to see a few pics. Sounds like you have a rare specimen! Welcome.

Blog Entries
    Chip, I have added the "Windsor Craft Pontoon" to the list of Triumph Boat Models to the User Profile (http://www.triumphowners.net/forums/...do=editprofile) (in the "Additional Information" section) so if you do join the Captains Club you can choose that boat model to show up under your user title in forum posts. Thanks for reminding me of the Windsor Craft!

Blog Entries
    Love the last line of the story in the link: "Why plastic? Because rotomolded polyethylene just doesn't break, no matter how it's abused. APART FROM THE CROWD"

Hey Guys, Randy is correct. We bought out the Windsor Line in 2006. We have all the parts(cushions, consoles, pontoons, every nut and bolt, etc...) to build/repair/replace on the Windsor Line. Plus, if you have any questions you are more than welcome to call the shop and give you any insight on the Windsor Craft line. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast