+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 170cc

toolpush

170cc

Hello, I am new to the board, so, here goes, I am looking to purchase a 2012 170cc powered by a Suzuki 70 hp 4 stroke. I have never seen one on the water in Louisiana where I live and would like to ask an owner of the same model how well you like it and how does perform on the water. Thanks.

Thanks
    I have the Yamaha 60 4 stroke on mine. If and when I replace the engine, I will go with the Yam 70 4 stroke. Not familiar with the Suzuki - I am sure they are fine.

Bottom line is - I love my little boat.

Has a smooth ride, takes a lot of abuse, and requires very little maintenance compared to other types of boats. I am near-shore, salt water and it handles a pretty good chop. Remember, it's 17 ft so don't expect to go out in 4 foot seas or load up 6 adults for hi-speed maneuvers.

I would certainly buy a triumph again. Hope that helps!

Thanks

Happy with my 17cc

Quote Originally Posted by toolpush View Post
    Hello, I am new to the board, so, here goes, I am looking to purchase a 2012 170cc powered by a Suzuki 70 hp 4 stroke. I have never seen one on the water in Louisiana where I live and would like to ask an owner of the same model how well you like it and how does perform on the water. Thanks.
    I purchased a used 2007 17cc with a Yamaha 50hp last year for my summer home in Maine. I wanted something small and fun, but still durable for the coastal waters. The boat itself is great, low maintenance, easy to manuver and able to handle some rough waters for it's size. My only complaint is the 50hp, which is a great motor if it is just me or me and the wife in the boat, but under-powered with 4 adults. You have a 70hp, which should be just right for this boat.

Enjoy it!!

Caps

+ Reply to Thread