1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just purchased a 2002 190 Bay Triumph

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Michael Moore, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Michael Moore

Michael Moore Captains Club Member

Triumph Boat Model:
    190 Bay Owner
    State:
    La
    I just picked up a 2002 Triumph 190 Bay boat. It has a Suzuki 140 and is in great condition. I am excited about using it. My only concern is it holds a LOT of water. I can’t find any cracks in the hull and I have all new drain plugs, which I found on Amazon. I just can’t figure out how it gets all of that water. It is even hard to plain out after it’s been in the water for longer than 5 hours or so. Other than that, it’s a great boat. I am hoping to find some tips on solving the water problem.

Thanks everyone

2. NCangler

NCangler Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    City:
    Raleigh
    State:
    NC
    Welcome aboard Michael and congratulations on the 190 Bay. :cool: Be sure to check the bilge and livewell pump lines to make sure you're not having an issue there with water intrusion. Does the boat have external hull drains? Triumph included drains in all the boats and you can see the inner hull drain for the 190 Bay here:

[​IMG]

Many folks have benefited from an external hull drain but Triumph tech folks contended that they introduced more of an opportunity for water intrusion. I had external hull drains on both my 210 and my 215 and never had an issue with water getting in the boat from them. RULE elastomeric sealant is a must for sealing around anything screws or drains, etc. that you add to the boat.

Another well known member and moderator on the site, Putershark, had a great 190 Bay setup for many years and here is a picture of the hull drains he installed for externally draining the inner hull:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.
    Randy